Apple Fest Family Day
Celebrate apples this fall!
The Wayside Inn Foundation invites you to Apple Fest Family Day, featuring The Great Wayside Bake Off, Saturday, September 9th. All activities begin at 10:00 a.m.
Apple Fest Family Day includes a variety of apple-themed activities:
– Children’s crafts, games, & activities (10am – noon);
– Music Makers with Miss Amy of the Goodnow Library (10:30am – 11am);
– Cider pressing demonstrations (10am – noon);
– The Great Wayside Baking Contest (winners announced at noon); and
– Food trucks (10am – 2pm, or until sold out)
We encourage families to visit the Cider Mill, Underground Cooling Plant, Grist Mill, Schoolhouse & Inn and to play in our fields and walk around our trails after the Bake Off winners are announced at noon.
The Great Wayside Bake Off is sponsored by The King Arthur Baking Company. The baking contest is open to all ages.
Youth – up to age 14
Young Adult/Adult – ages 15+
As part of Apple Fest Family Day all entries must showcase apples as a main ingredient. Choose to bake one of three items: Apple Pie, Apple Cake, or Apple Cookies/bars
Criteria for judging will include:
2. overall appearance/creativity
4. best use of the featured ingredient: the apple!
Read the contest rules here: tinyurl.com/bakeoffrulesfor2023
To enter, complete the contest entry form: tinyurl.com/entryformbakecontest
Questions? Email TWIF@wayside.org
Trouble viewing the contest rules? Download the pdf here!