The Wayside Inn Foundation has diverse collections from the Inn’s past and present, including correspondence, records, books, maps, antique furniture, photographs, ephemera, and other historic objects dating back to the early 1600s.
Gladys Salta created the first archives at The Wayside Inn in 1927 at the request of Henry Ford. It was originally stored at the Inn in a closet and the attic, before relocating to the basement of the Martha-Mary Chapel. For almost a century, the archives have expanded with the help of generous donors. The archives’ primary goal is to document the history and management of The Wayside Inn, and preserve it for posterity. To accommodate and better preserve our holdings for future generations, the archives will be relocated to the newly restored Gate House as part of our Archives & Research Center.
Below are the main categories of our key collections. Please contact our Archives & Research Center at email@example.com to learn more or to discuss donating items to our collections.